- The tulsi mala or a rosary made from the holy basil plant, is a beautiful thing to possess and wear.
- Buddhists prefer the black tulsi mala for Japa.
- Tulsi is also known for its medicinal benefits.
- The Japa Mala has 108 beads set in a loop, with one big bead which represents Krishna.
- Tulsi mala is one of the most preferred malas, considered as an ornament as well as a japamala. When used as a japamala, it has 108+1 beads.
- Tulsi Mala is used to worship Lord Ram and Krishna, different incarnations of Lord Vishnu who is believed to be the creator and the beloved of the Tulsi.