- The word Rudraksha literally means “tears of Shiva”.
- There are many legends in Indian scriptures and mythology describing the divine origin of the Rudraksha tree.
- According to one legend, Shiva sat in meditation for many millennia with his eyes closed. Upon opening his eyes, he shed tears of ecstasy, which fell to the Earth and became the holy Rudraksha tree.
- Rudraksha beads were Shiva’s gift to the world.
- Used as prayer beads Lord Shiva himself wears Rudraksha Beads.
- They are very supportive for maintaining physical and mental balance.